New Clients: First, email us.
Send us an email with a little bit of background on your situation. If we are able to take you on as a client, we will write you back letting you know that, and we will create an account for you on this website. This will give you access to the blank questionnaire forms and to our secure file-exchange area operated by Citrix-ShareFile. This is where you can upload documents for us and where we will post completed tax forms for you to download. You can view, replace, or delete files that are posted there.
Once we have set up your account, you will receive an email containing a link to activate it. Please click the link in the email to log in and set up your password. In addition to choosing a strong password, we highly recommend that you set up “two-step verification” on your account. Learn how to do so here.
If you were previously working with a different tax professional, please inform him/her that you will not be returning. We have had problems with prior preparers submitting extensions assuming you will be using their services. This causes a problem if we later try to submit a payment with an extension request and the e-file system has already received an extension for you.
All Clients: Submit paperwork.
- Once your account is set up, you can get started on submitting paperwork. When you log in, you will be taken to your secure storage folders.
- Click the Questionnaires-Blank folder to download the current (or earlier) questionnaires.
- Click the folder titled with your Lastname, Firstname and within that, click the folder called Tax Year 2016 Files to start uploading files for OTS.
- Once you have opened the folder, you will see a button that says “Upload Files.” Clicking this link takes you to a page where you can upload files from your computer, either by clicking “Choose Files” or simply by dragging the files from your computer folder onto the “Drag Files Here” area.
- Once you have chosen or dragged your files, click the green “Upload Files” button and your file(s) will be uploaded to the storage folder where we can access it. If your internet connection is slow, you may find it better to upload files one at a time, rather than in bulk.
- Please email us when you have finished uploading so we will know you are ready for processing!
- Paperwork needed: In addition to your questionnaire, we will need to see your W-2 or foreign income statement(s), any 1099’s, 1098’s, 1095’s (new forms pertaining to health insurance) or K-1 forms, and your most recent tax return (if not prepared by us). Depending on your situation, you may have other important documents to submit as well. There is a checklist at the end of the questionnaire which will help you make sure you have gathered up all the necessary documentation.
- Submission options: The best way to submit your paperwork is by uploading it to your ShareFile folder as explained above. If that isn’t feasible, you can instead fax it to us at +1-603-589-7102. When you have submitted your questionnaire and all documentation, you must email us, so that we know you are ready for us to review your file.
There is a 10% discount if your questionnaire and all supporting paperwork are submitted by March 1st.
Let us know if you run into difficulties or have any questions. We look forward to working with you soon!